Reserve A Facility

Pasadena Parks and Recreation has several Parks and Facilities available for public and private use. Activities and events that require a reservation are required to submit an application for authorized use of the Parks and Facilities. Please see the table below for descriptions of activities and events.

Type of Activity Definition Type of Application  Application Due:
Facility Rental A rental used for small, private events, under 100 people Rental Application *minimum 2 weeks prior to rental
Open Park Space Permit An ongoing activity held in a park that is open to the public  Open Space Permit Application *minimum 30 days before start of usage (or minimum yearly)
Special Event An event open to the public Special Event Application *minimum 45 days before event (or minimum yearly)

How To Reserve:

  1. Review and complete the appropriate application.
  2. Take the completed application to the Parks and Recreation Office between 8am and 4pm.
  3. Pay the applicable fees and receive a permit.*

NOTE: Reservations are not officially booked until staff approves and payment is processed. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis in person. Call 713-475-7048 or email to check availability and to get more information.
*Open Park Space Permits and Special Event Permits may require additional communication/coordination due to logistical concerns. Please see application packet for more information on the process.

Facility Rental - Fees

Facility Four (4) Hours Additional Non-Resident Fee Additional Hour Deposit
Rusk Recreation Center $150 $20 $20 $100
Strawberry Center $150 $20 $20 $100
Golden Acres Recreation Center $150 $20 $20 $100
Peter C. Fogo Recreation Center $200 $20 $25 $150
Odell Harrison Recreation Center $250 $40 $25 $150
Burke Crenshaw Gazebo $50 $20 $20 $75
Strawberry Pavilion $150 $20 $20 $75
Highlands Park Pavilion $50 $20 $20 $35
Red Bluff Park Pavilion $50 $20 $10 $30
El Jardin Electrical Pole One Day Rental: $35 (+$35 Deposit)
  Note: Non-profit rate: 25% of fee. Proof of non-profit status must be provided.

Rental Information

Facilities are generally available for rental on Saturdays and Sundays during the hours of 10am-10pm.

  • To view a Facility in-person, visit the location from 3pm-7pm, Monday – Friday.
  • To reserve a Facility, visit our Parks and Recreation Office at: 3111 San Augustine Ave between 8am – 4pm, Monday – Friday.
  • Reservations are available up to six months in advance, and no less than two weeks prior to the event.
  • The responsible party must be twenty-one years of age or older to reserve the facility and must provide verification of age and physical address with a current Texas Driver’s License or Identification Card.
  • All rentals are a minimum of four hours.
  • Full payment is due at the time of reservation. (Hourly rental and deposit). Forms of payment are cash, money order, or credit card. Additional 4% charge when paying with a credit card.
  • Renter is responsible for clean up during reserved time period.
  • The event must start and end within the reserved time period and be continuous. Items cannot be dropped off prior to the booked time and the facility must be vacated, and items removed, by the end of the booked time.
  • If the event runs over the contracted time, you will be required to vacate the premises, and the full deposit will be withheld; additional fees may occur.
  • No alcohol allowed on premises.
  • No smoking allowed in buildings.
  • No propane gas tanks or microwaves permitted.
  • Kitchen not included.
  • If you are planning to have a moonjump / bounce house in a City park or on City property, you must have the following: a generator to power the moonjump / bounce house and a Certificate of Liability Insurance. The certificate of liability insurance must list the City of Pasadena as additionally insured and have a minimum $1,000,000 General Aggregate Limit. You must have proof of insurance with you that day as well as fax it to our office before your party takes place. Our fax number is 713-477-7210. A Certificate of Liability Insurance can be obtained either from the moonjump/bounce house company you rent from or from your personal insurance company. It must include the name of the renter, location, and date.